Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Name Game

A lot of times we have to name the dogs that come into our rescue.

Sometimes it's because they don't have a name, sometimes they don't respond to the name they were given, sometimes when they've been abused we worry that they have bad associations with their previous name and, to be honest, on occasion the names they come with are just terrible.

But, our collective creative juices have been running low lately and it would be nice to have a stash of names to choose from when a dog ends up at our door.

We need your help!

Help us come up with original names for our rescues! Tell us your favorite dog names and what kind of dog you imagine with that name! What about your own companion animal? How did you choose their name? Was it a name you've always loved or did your pet's personality dictate its name?

Azalee pictured above was adopted today and given a new name... Maggie! It fits her don't you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am the BIGGEST admirer of Sophie's Dog Adoption. I read your blog as frequently as possible, and it always puts a smile on face. I am so proud of you for working so hard for such amazing animals. I love you guys and miss you very much. As soon as I can come and visit I would love to donate any and all my time to your organization.
Keep up the AWESOME work.

paz
sloane